Being a tech-geek, I couldn't go to Tokyo without seeing the Electronics district, so we took the train there after having had a nice and slow morning.
It was very overwhelming! There's neon signs everywhere, lots of noise blasting out of every shop. LOTS of shops seemingly selling the same thing, and in between all this, there are lots of shops specialising in Manga/Anime, with floor upon floor of Manga. There's the comics themselves, there's fan tat, like posters, flags, figures, games, dvds... the list goes on and on. We went into one of the manga places, and walked through 7 floors of sensory overload! The manga ranged from small and cute, to cartoon erotica, covering absolutely EVERYTHING that you could think of in between, and a lot of things you would not :-)
Anyway; we strolled around for a while, Victoria making sure that I got my tech-fix, and trying to talk sense into me when I pointed at wanting to buy the new PadPhone Infinity... I think I might now have been persuaded that it's actually not that useful... but it's SO COOL!!! :.-(
On the way back, we walked into a random sushi place in Ueno, that had the conveyor belt sushi, and I stuffed myself on raw fish.
... and then in the middle of the night, I suffered for it :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment