Sunday, 10 February 2013

To awake in the desert, or Not to awake in the desert.... That is thequestion

When checking in to our room at Uluru, we found that they had cancelled the "Desert Awakenings" tour that we were going to go on tomorrow due to too few people signing up. They offered to take us the day After instead, but as we leave for Sydney mid day that day, that doesn't really work.... So! Change of plans! :-)

Now we're going to try to do another cheaper morning tour tomorrow, and go for a helicopter ride to Uluru tomorrow evening :-)

Update: We've now booked the morning tour for tomorrow morning at 5! :-/, which will take us out to a nice spot by Uluru where we'll see the sun come up. Sounds very nice, even though I know I'll be MISERABLE as it's early in the morning, and before my brain is happy with being awake. Really looking forward to it.

The event for tonight is to go to the Arnguli Grill restaurant, where Victoria has been promised that she'll be able to find some Salmon. After almost 4 weeks away from home, we're starting to miss "normal" food :-). For myself, I'm expecting to be ordering some sort of grilled seafood, as I've found that I'm too weak to resist it when I see it on the menu.

waiting for the free tour bus that circles the resort every 15 minutes

I think our eyes look scarily similar here!


Oh... and it's been a chilly 34 degrees here today, but as the humidity is so much lover than Palm Cove, it hasn't felt as hot.

1 comment:

  1. Helicopter 2, wow that will astonishing and sun rise as well lovely its snowing here and B cold, Im watching Chocolat yum yum great film

    ReplyDelete